? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday 28 April 2010

I'm not an activist

Don't ask me why but I was walking through Oxford Circus on Saturday and came across a stampede of people with drums coming towards me. I was like s**t what do I do... Do I go back to the pavement I came from or continue walking and hope I make it? The next thing I hear is a police officer screaming at me "stay where you are"...I was like "but they are coming straight at me" so then I think he felt sorry for me and let me get across before it ended in a complete mess!
The mass group of people was a protest against animal cruelty and I'll be honest the flyers they were giving out illustrated some horrific images of what happens to harmless animals. There were some protestors dressed as monkeys and I think I even saw a giraffe...

I am not normally into the whole protest thing and 'save the animal' chants but this fascinated me. The number of people that swarmed Oxford Circus that day was astonishing. The onlookers were equally amazed as they took out cameras and snapped away.


Now, don't get me wrong I am not going to join the movement and religiously turn up to every protest but I think it says a lot when people come together like that to voice their opinion.



0 comments: